Richard M. Bonner, ECA
Timur Güvercinci, Merck Group
Christof Langer, OSConsulting
Dr Franz Schönfeld, GMP Inspector
This ICH Q9 live online training course deals with the practical implementation of Quality Risk Management (QRM). You will learn how to implement and use QRM approaches to increase efficiency and to meet the expectations of the regulators.
The ultimate responsibility for the performance of a medicinal product over its lifetime, its safety, quality and efficacy, lies with the marketing authorisation holder (MAH). To achieve the quality objective, “there must be a comprehensively designed and correctly implemented system of Quality Assurance incorporating Good Manufacturing Practice, Quality Control and Quality Risk Management.” [EU-GMP Guidelines, Part 1, Chapter 1].
QRM was formally introduced to the pharmaceutical industry with the ICH Q9 Guideline, which has been incorporated in the EU-GMP Guidelines, Part 3. In the course of implementing ICH Q9, risk-based approaches increasingly gained in importance. Before that, it was often the case that processes were defined, implemented and documented to the latest detail. Now, based on risk assessments, more flexibility is possible, allowing implementing and controlling processes more efficiently. Decisions can be made based on evaluated risks. Unfortunately many companies limit their whole QRM system to the implementation of the FMEA method only. But it is much more than this and QRM can support the pharmaceutical industry in improving their processes and performance.
This live online training is designed for members of staff in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and API industry’s production and quality units, who establish, manage and use quality risk management systems.
For our webinars, we use Cisco WebEx, one of the leading suppliers of online meetings. At http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
you can check if your system meets the necessary requirements for the participation at a WebEx meeting and at the same time install the necessary plug-in. Please just enter your name and email address for the test. If the installation is not possible because of your rights for the computer system, please contact your IT department. WebEx is a standard nowadays and the necessary installation is fast and easy.
ICH Q 9 - Quality Risk Management: an Overview
- QRM in non-GxP industries
- QRM in pharma
- Historical GMP Situation
- Current rules and regulations
- QRM tools and techniques
The Inspector’s View on QRM
- Integration in the Pharmaceutical Quality System
- Examples for good and not so good practice
How to realise Quality Risk Management in a GMP Environment
- QP Dispositioning
Applying Principles of QMR after an Incident
A problem has occurred – how to perform a sound Risk Assessment of the situation and come to an appropriate decision.
How to apply Quality Risk Management in Validation
- Application of Risk Assessment for Process Validation Risk Assessment over the Product Life Cycle Risk based Quality by Design (QbD) approach
Design of an Event Handling System based on a Quality System and Quality Risk Management Approach
- QRM in the Quality System
- Design of an Event Handling system based on QRM and Management Review
- Use of QRM in the evaluation of Events
Presentation and Exercise on Risk Management in the Supply Chain
An interactive session to establish where to best concentrate your resources to maximise the assurance of a reliable supply chain:
- Life cycle of the supplier relationship
- Frequency of Supplier Audits based on Risk Assessment
- Defining risk in the audit program
- Compliance risk assessment
How to implement Quality Risk Management in a pharmaceutical Company
- QRM Tools made practicable in daily QRM life
- Comparison of ICH Q9 with other Norms and takeaways for Pharma
- Strength of practical DMAIC methodology
- QRM culture: principles and examples
- Cost of Quality/Compliance