Andy Bailey, ViruSure, Austria
Jens Brillault, CU Chemie Uetikon, Germany
Markus Dathe, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Switzerland
Ralf Gengenbach, gempex, Germany
Paul Lopolito, Steris Corporation, USA
Peter Mungenast, Merck, Germany
Frank Sielaff, GMP Inspector, Regional Authority, Darmstadt, Germany
Paul Stockbridge, Stockbridge BioPharm Consulting, UK
Francois Vandeweyer, VDWcGMP Consultancy, Belgium
Peter C. Zimmermann, Iskom, Germany
These education courses have been developed to provide an excellent knowledge of the requirements laid down in ICH Q7.
The contents of the guideline will be explained step by step and practical advices will be given on how to fulfil the requirements of ICH Q7. You will also get to know the key principles of risk management, quality systems and development and manufacture of APIs as they are laid down in ICH Q9, Q10, Q11 and the ICH Q7 Q&A Document.
For example, you will learn
- at which stage of production GMP compliance is to be applied,
- how to comply with GMP hot topics like process validation, reprocessing/reworking, equipment qualification, Change control, failure investigation etc.,
- how to use a risk-based approach within the concept of supplier qualification,
- how to link material attributes and process parameters to drug substances CQAs,
- what has to be considered in order to be prepared for a GMP inspection.
Choose between two parallel GMP education courses according to your field of interest:
- ICH Q7 Compliance for APIs manufactured by Chemical Synthesis
- ICH Q7 Compliance for APIs manufactured by Cell Culture/Fermentation
Take advantage of combining one of the ICH Q7 Courses with the Auditor Training Course and receive the ECA Certifcate “QA Manager and Auditor for APIs”.
The ICH Q7 Auditor Training Course will inform you about the general advice on Good Auditing Practices included in the APIC “Auditing Guide” and the APIC Third Party Audit Programme. In addition to the training of the communication skills, you will be provided with assistance on what to focus on during an API Audit and on the current “state of the art” from an industry perspective. Moreover you will learn about the key principles of writing a professional audit report.
As the number of participants for the Auditor Training Course is strictly limited early booking is recommended!
These Live Online Training Courses are designed for all persons involved in the manufacture of APIs (either chemically or by cell culture/ fermentation), especially for persons from production, quality control, quality assurance, technical and regulatory affairs departments as well as for Qualified Persons and Auditors. We are also addressing interested parties from engineering companies, from the pharmaceutical industry and GMP inspectorates.
For our webinars, we use Cisco WebEx, one of the leading suppliers of online meetings. At http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html you can check if your system meets the necessary requirements for the participation at a WebEx meeting and at the same time install the necessary plug-in. Please just enter your name and email address for the test. If the installation is not possible because of your rights for the computer system, please contact your IT department. WebEx is a standard nowadays and the necessary installation is fast and easy.
Participants intending to obtain the APIC Auditor Certification: For the Role Plays, please make sure that you will have a webcam, microphone (preferably headset), a constant internet connection (preferably via LAN) and join the Webex session via the Webex Application (not via the temporarily browser application).
Compliance Session Part 1 – Management Process
APIC’s „How to do” Guide and further APIC activities
- Information on APIC
- Contribution to GMP Compliance and Supply Chain Integrity
- How to do Document
- Quality Agreements
- ASMF Guideline
- FMD and GDP for APIs
- ICH Q7 Q&A How to do Document
- Further activities
ICH – A General Introduction
- What is ICH ?
- API related ICH Guidelines
- ICH Quality Guidelines
- ICH Q7 – Hot topics and requirements
- Overview of guidance documents (Q8 to Q14)
Roles and Responsibilities of the Quality Unit – How to apply ICH Q10
- The Pharmaceutical Quality System
- How to Apply ICH Q10 in the API area
- The Set-up of a Good Quality System
- Some Recommendations for the Quality Unit
Regulatory Framework - an Inspector’s view
- Overview: relevant Guidelines
- Inspections in drug product facilities - relevant topics for API manufacturers
- Recent findings in inspections
Major compliance issues at API manufacturers
- Common pitfalls and typical audit findings
- Top observations from inspections by European authorities
- Experiences made by FDA
- Recent statistics from FDA Warning Letters to API manufacturers
Preparing for GMP Inspections, Critical Observations
- Experience with GMP inspections of API manufacturers
- Major findings/observations during inspections
- Survey on frequently asked questions – discussion
Compliance Session Part 2 – Life cycle management and continuous improvement