If you cannot attend the conference you have two options:
1. We are happy to welcome a substitute colleague at any time.
2. If you have to cancel entirely we must charge the following processing fees:
CONCEPT reserves the right to change the materials, instructors, or speakers without notice or to cancel an event. If the event must be cancelled, registrants will be notified as soon as possible and will receive a full refund of fees paid.
CONCEPT will not be responsible for discount airfare penalties or other costs incurred due to a cancellation.
Terms of payment: Payable without deductions within 10 days after receipt of invoice.
This is a binding registration and above fees are due in case of cancellation or non-appearance. If you cannot take part, you have to inform us in writing. The cancellation fee will then be calculated according to the point of time at which we receive your message. In case you do not appear at the event without having informed us, you will have to pay the full registration fee, even if you have not made the payment yet. You are not entitled to participate in the conference until we have received your payment (receipt of payment will not be confirmed)!
(As of January 2012)
(1) The following General Terms of Business (in the following abbreviated to "GTB") of CONCEPT Heidelberg GmbH (in the following abbreviated to "CONCEPT") are binding for all contracts by customers with CONCEPT. CONCEPT does not accept the customer's terms if contrary to or deviating from the GTB unless CONCEPT has expressly agreed to their validity in writing.
(2) The GTB are only valid with regard to enterprises under § 310 I BGB (German Civil Code) and for all present and future commercial transactions negotiated with the customer.
(3) Changes to these GTB will be communicated to the customer in writing, by means of fax or e-mail. If the customer does not contradict such changes within four weeks after receiving the message, the changes are considered to have been accepted. In case of changes to the GTB, the customer will be informed about his right to contradict and the legal consequences of his silence.
II. Conclusion of Contract, Shipment
(1) An order by the customer is accepted through sending of an invoice or, alternatively, shipment of the goods.
(2) Shipment is effected - unless otherwise agreed - at the orderer's risk and expense starting from delivery.
III. Return of Purchased Goods
(1) Purchased goods can be returned in exceptional cases and after written consent by CONCEPT. The costs for return shipment as well as for exchange shipment are borne by the customer.
(2) Unauthorised return shipments are not accepted and will be sent back at the purchaser's risk and expense.
IV. Rights Arising from Product Defects
(1) Complaints due to defects can only be indicated within 7 days after receipt of the shipment.
(2) If the delivered product is defective, the customer has the right to require cure. He does not have the right to claim damages on the grounds that the product is defective or price reduction. If the cure fails, the customer can choose between a price reduction or rescindment of the contract.
V. Retention of Title
(1) CONCEPT retains ownership over the purchased goods until all claims from the contract in question are settled in full. CONCEPT is entitled to take back the purchased goods in case the buyer breaches the contract. CONCEPT's request to return the purchased goods is not tantamount to a declaration of rescindment. The customer is obliged to treat the purchased goods with care until ownership has been transferred to him. Until ownership has been transferred, the customer must immediately notify CONCEPT in writing if the delivered item has been seized or is otherwise exposed to interference by third parties.
(2) The customer is entitled to resell the goods in the ordinary course of business while they are still subject to retention of title. The customer hereby assigns to CONCEPT the buyer's claims arising from resale of the goods subject to retention of title in the amount of the unsettled claims. This also applies to the case that the purchased goods have been processed and resold.
(3) The customer remains entitled to collect the debt also after the cession. CONCEPT's right to collect the claim itself shall remain unaffected thereby. However, provided that the customer properly complies with his payment obligations, is not in default of payment, has not suspended payments, and insolvency proceedings have not been instituted with respect to his assets, the cession is not disclosed, and CONCEPT does not undertake to collect the debt.
VI. Price, Invoicing, Default of Payments
(1) All prices quoted are to be understood as being in Euro and shall be exclusive of any value-added tax that may be incurred.
(2) Invoices are to be paid strictly net and without deduction unless otherwise indicated on the invoice itself.
(3) Payment by cheque is not considered effected before the cheque is cashed.
(4) The interest rate applied in case of default of payments comes within the provisions of law.
CONCEPT is only to be held liable - no matter on which legal grounds - if it is attributable to gross negligence or intent on the part of CONCEPT.
CONCEPT is to be held liable for the duration of one year since the breach of duty.
VIII. Data Security
CONCEPT saves and processes the personal data of the customer in accordance with current law for the exclusive purpose of fulfilling this contract. The data received from the customer are exclusively collected from the customer, processed and used by CONCEPT insofar as they are necessary for the establishment, execution, modification or termination of this contract. CONCEPT has the right to transmit the data to third parties engaged by it as far as this is necessary for CONCEPT to fulfil its duties arising from this contract. The customer can at any time revoke his consent given here with effect for the future.
IX. Data Protection
This contract is governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany excluding private international law and UN sales law. The venue for legal disputes arising from this contract, as far as it is permissible, shall be Heidelberg. The place of performance is Heidelberg, as well.
Should one of the provisions of these terms of business be or become invalid, it shall not serve to invalidate the rest of the provisions. The invalid provision is to be replaced with a valid one that comes as close as possible to the intentions of the parties taking account of economic viewpoints. This shall also apply if the provisions of these terms are found to be incomplete.
(As of: 24 June 2010)