Walid El Azab, STERIS Corporation, Belgium
The recent changes in the regulatory landscape regarding cleaning and disinfection programs has changed the view we look at it. The cleaning and disinfection program should be seen as a lifecycle approach. Therefore, the cleaning and disinfection program presentation will be divided into several parts to discuss at least:
- the differences and similarities in the regulatory requirements and industry recommendations as well as the changes proposed in the draft Annex 1.
- the elements to analyze to design a robust cleaning and disinfection program. The presentation will also focus on the recent questions raised by many (bio)pharmaceutical manufacturers in regards to contamination control strategy.
- how to select and qualify the disinfecting agent.
- how to design robust cleaning and disinfection procedure. We will also list the recent technologies and applications present in the market.
- how to analyze key elements of the program to ensure the effectiveness of the cleaning and disinfection procedure.
During the webinar, several case studies will be shared to create a link between theory and real life. Also several online questions will be asked to share industry practices in regards to the cleaning and disinfection program. This will allow attendees to benchmark their activities.
This webinar is aimed at employees from the following areas Production, Microbiology, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Authorities who are involved in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of hygiene concepts (Contamination Control Strategies) in general and cleaning and disinfection measures in particular.
For our webinars, we use Cisco WebEx, one of the leading suppliers of online meetings.
At http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html you can check if your system meets the necessary requirements for the participation at a WebEx meeting and at the same time install the necessary plug-in. Please just enter your name and email address for the test. If the installation is not possible because of your rights for the computer system, please contact your IT department. WebEx is a standard nowadays and the necessary installation is fast and easy.
During this webinar you will learn
- The regulatory (USA, Japan, WHO, EMA, PIC/S, Brazil) requirements for the cleaning and disinfection program.
- How to develop a cleaning and disinfection program.
- The best practices and common mistakes observed during disinfectant qualification.
- The cleaning and disinfection practices between participants.