Dr Wolf-Christian Gerstner, Geniu
Industry 4.0, representing the fourth industrial revolution, has arrived in the laboratory. The pressure for innovation and Efficiency is making laboratory leaders rethink the way they operate their labs. Supported by a rapid evolution in technologies, several trends are leading to significantly more laboratory digitization and automation already today. Industry 4.0 Technologies will revolutionize the laboratory in many areas, such as sample logistics and data management.
Among the key Industry 4.0 trends are:
- Big Data / Predictive Analytics / Connected Lab
- Internet of Things (“IoT”)
- Visual processes / Virtual Reality
- Robotics / Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning
- Speech recognition / Lab assistants
This webinar addresses Heads of Quality Control, Laboratory Managers, Supervisors, and employees working in
- Incoming goods control
- Control of finished drug products
- Analytical development
- API and excipient testing
- Contract laboratories
For our webinars, we use Cisco WebEx, one of the leading suppliers of online meetings. At http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html you can check if your system meets the necessary requirements for the participation at a WebEx meeting and at the same time install the necessary plug-in. Please just enter your name and email address for the test. If the installation is not possible because of your rights for the computer system, please contact your IT department. WebEx is a standard nowadays and the necessary installation is fast and easy.
Industry 4.0 will open up new opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry. This webinar will take a closer look at the possibilities and how they can be implemented in the laboratory.
The following aspects will be addressed:
- Industry 4.0 trends that can change the laboratory
- Applications to automate and digitize the laboratory
- Which technologies/applications are useful - which ones are “gimmicky”
- Approach to identify and evaluate possible applications