Dr Johannes Reich, Microcoat Biotechnologie GmbH, Germany
In the last years the LAL test has become the preferred system to test for endotoxins – for the in process control as well as in the final inspection – and it is anchored in the pharmacopoeias. However, in the recent past, the problem of low endotoxin recovery employs the pharmaceutical microbiology. Masking – or not? Evidence gaps? And how can I close them? And how to evaluate?
But although the question about alternative methods like MAT or Recombinant Factors is frequently asked – what is the status of these methods in the Pharmacopoeias? What is the authorities thinking on their use.
These are the questions the pharmaceutical microbiologists as well as those responsible for the release have to deal with.
- Laboratory management and staff of pharmaceutical microbiology
- Microbiologists and laboratory assistants from contract laboratories
- Authority representatives involved in the topic
- Scientific staff from the area Pyrogen and/or Endotoxin testing
- QA staff who has to evaluate endotoxin data and handle deviations
For our webinars, we use Cisco WebEx, one of the leading suppliers of online meetings.
you can check if your system meets the necessary requirements for the participation at a WebEx meeting and at the same time install the necessary plug-in. Please just enter your name and email address for the test. If the installation is not possible because of your rights for the computer system, please contact your IT department. WebEx is a standard nowadays and the necessary installation is fast and easy.
- Overview of detection methods (RPT, MAT, LAL, rFC)
- Challenges during bacterial endotoxin testing
- Interpretation of test results
- Endotoxin detection and Depyrogenation
- Low Endotoxin Recovery
- Detection of Pyrogens beyond Endotoxin
Recording from 12.09.2019
Duration of recording: 1,5 h.