The CMDh (Co-ordination Group for Mutual Recognition and Decentralised Procedures - Human) updated the Q&A document on the topic of "Renewals" in March 2023 and published it on the HMA (Heads of Medicines Agencies) website in April in the CMDh - Questions & Answers section.
The first revision of the CMDh Questions & Answers Renewals document now contains 6 questions and their respective answers. The second question and the corresponding answer text have been completely revised and the following questions have been newly included:
2. Under which circumstances can a "standard" renewal application be submitted, with only the cover letter and renewals eAF without annexes?
3. Can variation applications be submitted in parallel with the renewal procedure?
4. In the eAF, should I tick the box for "shortened renewal" and specify a reason for shortened renewal when submitting my standard renewal application?
5. After MRP/RUP, when the MA in the RMS (and "old CMS" if applicable) has already been granted unlimited validity, but renewal is necessary in the (new) CMS, can a standard renewal application be submitted?
6. Can changes to the product information and/or RMP be proposed within the renewal application?